One of the biggest challenges many successful insurance agents face is keeping up with the latest industry news and trends. When you're busy helping place insurance business to protect your clients, it's easy to get caught up in what can feel like "busy work." One way to stay abreast of what's going on the in the insurance industry, or with your favorite hobbies or interests, is by subscribing to podcasts. Listen while you're in the car, at the gym, or when you take some much-deserved down time.
Here are six popular podcasts we think can benefit insurance professionals at any stage of their careers:
1. HBR Ideacast This free, weekly podcast from Harvard Business Review offers management and marketing tips and features different business management leaders sharing valuable perspective and tips.
2. The Social Selling Podcast Designed to provide social media strategies to help sales and marketing professionals tap into the power of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google +, this free podcast offers anecdotes and actionable tips that agents can leverage to build deeper relationships with their existing clients and reach new prospects.
3. Agency Nation The Agency Nation weekly podcast is specifically geared toward insurance agents, and has a listener base of more than 7,000 insurance professionals. Covering everything from technology to customer service, this radio show is popular with new and veteran agents alike.
4. The EntreLeadership Podcast This weekly on-demand show offers "lively discussions and tips on leadership and business." Popular guests have included business moguls Mark Cuban, Seth Godin, Jim Collins and Simon Sinek. With episodes generally lasting about 50-60 minutes, this is a great choice for something to listen to during a longer gym workout or commute.
5. The Sales Evangelist Hosted by Donald Kelly, this podcast offers strategies any sales person can adopt to take their business and career to the next level. The show offers real life stories and advice from business, sales and marketing experts.
6. Modern Life Insurance Selling While new episodes of this podcast are not released as often as some of the others on this list, you can still check out previously-released episodes for an engaging look at ways to build your business, increase your income, serve more clients and serve them better.
7. Training Unleashed This weekly podcast offers tips, tricks and everything you need to know to ensure success in your business from industry leaders.
Note: If podcasts are new to you, plan to spend some time exploring iTunes or Stitcher to find these and other great titles. Listen on your smartphone, desktop computer, tablet or other device anywhere - any time.
Symmetry Financial Group is a different type of insurance agency, one that cares about its clients - and the agents who serve them. Encouraging the agents on our team to find meaningful podcasts and other opportunities for learning and reflection is just one of the many ways we promote balance.
To find out for yourself why Experience.com named Symmetry Financial Group one of the Top 10 Places to Work, and Entrepreneur and Culture IQ recognized us for having a Top Company Culture , visit us online . If you still have questions, feel free to contact us today! Your new career as a Symmetry Financial Group Independent Insurance Agent may be right around the corner.